Summer fun begins at Peppermint Stick Children’s Center!
At Peppermint Stick, we believe in a well-rounded education – this includes physical, emotional and social as well as intellectual development.
We do not believe that children should spend the warm weather months of summer cooped up in a classroom. During the summer, we shift our emphasis from the classroom to outdoor activities
Our summer program offers a variety of fun filled experiences. Give your child a Peppermint Stick break this summer – join us for fun, sun and new learning experiences!!!
Hope to see you this summer!
Summer Camp for Preschoolers
- Weekly themes like wild west, orient express, fiesta, carnival, yankee doodle, luau, etc…
- Picnics, sprinkler fun, story tellers, magic shows, pajama party, ice cream social, etc…
- Arts & crafts, music, science & math, large & fine motor activities, games, etc…
Summer Camp for School Age Children
- Roller Skating
- Sport Activities
- Live Theater
- Traveling Plays
- “Behind the Scenes” Tours
- Magic Shows
- Story Tellers
- And More!
Questions parents should ask about school age programs.
- Is the program licensed by DCFS?
- Are the staff certified by DCFS?
- Are the staff primarily adults? Do you want kids watching kids? Is babysitting what you’re looking for from a program?
- Is it a safe place with plenty of adult supervision? Are there staff present with CPR & First Aid qualifications?
- What is the philosophy of the program? Does it meet your standards relative to your values, morals and cultural diversity?
- Is the care affordable?
- What is the core of the program? Is it challenging and creative, fully engaging your children’s’ cognitive, emotional, social and physical abilities? Does it focus an inordinate amount of time passively entertaining your child? Busy is good but is it enough?
* Do not assume that a program is good based upon the building that houses the program. New does not necessarily mean better. Well trained, experienced staff are a better indicator of quality care for your child.