Check out all of our information down below!
Respecting the Past
Peppermint stick has had its roots in the Lake County area since the 1960’s. Two sisters bought a financially troubled little nursery school located in downtown Grayslake. As the area grew a second location was started in 1971 in Round Lake Beach. Today these schools are still serving hundreds of families, some second and even third generations.
The Round Lake and Grayslake schools are owned and operated by a mother daughter team with a combined 40 years of experience working with young children and their families. Our staff average of longevity is 5 years, 3 times longer than the industry average. Currently all programs offered stress the importance of respect and responsibility disguised with some good natured fun. We want the children to feel a sense of belonging to community and family at large. We believe children should receive positive guidance in meaningful ways.
These are both challenging and exciting times in early childhood education. With a continued focus and commitment to serving children and their families and meeting the needs of tomorrow’s families. As a private facility, Peppermint Stick can and will set its own direction. We will do so based on a long history of responding to the needs of the families in our community. Together with the parents, we will guide the next generation of young minds on the path to higher learning.
- Both locations are DCFS licensed
- Specialized equipment and toys for every age group
- Room arrangements maximize space, provide a learning and play environment that encourages creativity and cognitive thinking
- Playgrounds have a park like atmosphere
- All equipment is surrounded by shock absorbing play surface that helps eliminate injuries
- Our facilities are inspected by the Health Department annually – ask to see our reports!